Friday 27 May 2016

welcome back.

its coming to end of may 2016 and i'm writing my first post of the year???!!! tsk! tsk! tsk!

I've been posting lots of food photos on facebook that sometimes I forgot why this blog exists. and when  friends asked for the recipes, I usually copy & paste the recipes which I usually got online and more often than not, I would delete those posts after sometime and lost the recipes.

off late, I turned to my recipe book collection for the new dishes that I make for family meals. now that the weather is getting warmer with occasional rain on some days, we dine at the patio at weekends/in the evenings. my dream is to build a conservatory at the patio area  but after getting the quotation the other day, it looks like I have to forget about that for the time being (like few more years!).

and when we have our occasional alfresco dining, then the food will have to be simple, one dish meals served on the dinner plates which can then fit the small round dining table. what matters to us is the ambience and cosy-ness and most importantly, everybody sits  down and eats together.



the other day, my first born said to her lil sister, when she was about the leave the table to watch telly
"what is more important than sitting down having dinner with the family? once you leave the house (for uni) then you will not be able to do this again". and ever since that day, everyone has to sit at the table until everyone finishes.


we don't have much but we have each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment