Wednesday 19 February 2014

iced fairy cakes

few weeks ago I bought Mary Berry's cookery course cookbook from Tesco..comes in hard cover, pictoral  step by step instructions and Mary's secret of success.. well worth £10 ! and I just realised that I bought Mary Berry's 100 cakes and bakes book some time ago but never got round to try any of the recipes.

2 weeks ago, lil missy's school had a cake sale and parents have to fill the paper plate with small cakes or savouries. so I decided to bake one of the easiest cupcakes - fairy cakes.

she helped me to read the recipe and instructions and decorate them. I prefer using ounces (yeah, old school !!) and she read it as "oz" like wizard of oz !!!

oh I forgot to mention - my other half bought this cute timer because our cooker/oven doesn't have a timer. ayam tu berkokok bila dah tiba masa! and my cousin firman who lives in Aberdeen,  came to visit with his family in December, bought me a new scale. I just love the design!





 
100g/ 4oz butter, softened
100g/4 oz caster sugar
2 large eggs
100g/4 oz self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
 
for the icing
 
225g/8 oz sifted icing sugar
2-3 tbsp. warm water
 
sprinkles, hearts etc to decorate
 
  1. preheat oven to 200deg C/fan 180deg C/gas 6
  2. place fairy cake cases into bun tin
  3. measure all cake ingredients into large bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes until mixture is well blended. fill each paper case with mixture
  4. bake for 15-20 minutes until cakes risen and golden brown
  5. to make icing, put icing sugar in a bowl and gradually blend in warm water until you have fairly stiff icing. spoon over top of cakes and decorate with sprinkes


No comments:

Post a Comment